Monday, February 23, 2009

Triumph bonny flat tracker


Here is my Thruxton which after a sudden attack of the angle grinder has left me with a solo seated bike. However this means I could customise the bike more to my liking, so after a new top yolk, handlebars, and solo seat with my own stainless carrier to carry the odd items. The original side covers no longer fitted so it was time to make my own along with a more fitting chainguard. The exhausts are stainless Norton copies, I adapted them to fit the standard down pipes, I feel they add a racy look to the rear of the bike. I then removed the airbox and added pod filters, which of course meant increasing jet size and fiddling with the needle height. It runs well with its maiden voyage taking me on a 1000km round trip to our National Triumph rally here in New Zealand.


No comments:

Post a Comment